• Provide a safe, secure, stimulating and happy learning environment, which staff
can encourage every child to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured active, respected
responsible and involved.
• Provide a child centred environment to encourage positive attitudes and develop
their self-esteem and confidence to help the children develop positive co-operation
with peers and adults.
• Ensure and equal opportunity environment for staff, children and families.
• Respect and involve parents in the care and education of their child.
• Identify and provide relevant training for staff, including that required to meet
the SSSC registration requirments.
• Provide a broad range of appropriate pre-school experiences in line with the Pre
Birth - Three Framework and The Curriculum for Excellence.
• Provide a high level of childcare using the National Care Standards ( 0 - 16 )
and the Child and Centre 2 as guidelines for implementing new procedures, policies
and to further improve the standard of care provided via monitoring and self-evaluation.